Several new fitness options are now available and coming soon to Techny Prairie Activity Center. Stop in to learn more about any of these new fitness opportunities that are sure to jump start your new year!
This sustainable and net zero certified facility features a 6,000 square foot fitness floor with cardio, strength and functional fitness equipment, two group fitness studios, an indoor track (8 laps to a mile), a gymnasium with open gym times and the Kids’ Corner childcare room.
New Group Fitness Classes
In order to accommodate the many people who are returning to in-person work situations, new early morning and evening classes will be added to the group fitness schedule that already includes over 35 weekly options included with membership.
- 6am – Cycle Journey on Wednesdays with Lisa
- 6:45pm – Total Body HIIT on Mondays with Matthew
- 6:50pm – Meditation Mondays with Silvia
- 6am – Total Body HIIT on Tuesdays with Matthew
- 7:15pm – Circuit Strength Training on Wednesdays with Patrick
- 6am – NAMA-SLAY on Thursdays with Jillian
- 6am – Circuit Strength Training on Fridays with Patrick
The new InBody Analyzer is a biometric analyzer that measures body fat percentage and percentage of lean muscle mass both by body part and overall. This helps to show muscle imbalances and compensations and allows Personal Trainers to plan specific programming for each individual. It also measures Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), the number of calories the body needs to function every day at rest. If people feel they have a “slow metabolism” this analysis can show if that is the case and can help determine how many calories should be ingested depending on individual fitness goals.
The InBody will help members measure their progress toward their fitness goals, better understand their body makeup so they can make smart workout and diet choices and help their personal trainers plan the best programs for their success.
Fitness Floor Updates
The 6,000-foot bright and open fitness floor is home to cardio equipment and a variety of strength and functional fitness options. A brand-new cable Lat Pull Down adds to the strength floor and gives members more options in strength training. This often-requested piece of equipment works the large back muscles to increase hypertrophy, help improve posture and create functional strength. A second squat rack has been added to the floor as well, doubling the number of squat racks available for strength training.
New Club Amenities
In the member locker room areas, look for permanent locker options and amenities that will help you get in your workout and get to work both feeling and looking your best. Hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash and lotion are now complimentary inside locker rooms. In addition, permanent lockers will be available in both men’s and women’s locker rooms for a monthly fee. Members will be able to leave clothes and toiletries in their lockers to reduce the amount of personal items they have to carry in their gym bags.
In addition to these new options, standard membership benefits include:
- Three, 30-minute Strong Start sessions with personal trainer
- Over 35 monthly group fitness classes included with membership:
- Cardio, strength, cycling and mind/body options including the new Les Mills BodyPump classes
- Group fitness classes offered indoors, outdoors (seasonally), via livestream and on demand
- Fitness Floor with over 75 pieces of strength and cardio equipment
- Personal viewing screens for TV and internet on most cardio equipment
- Free weights, resistance machines and functional fitness equipment
- Indoor track (8 laps = 1 mile)
- Open gym programs including pickleball, basketball and volleyball
- Gymnasium when not in use for scheduled programs (additional rules may apply)
- Summer outdoor aqua fitness classes and lap swimming included with membership
- Three complimentary guest passes annually (additional household memberships receive two each)
Member rates for:
- Personal, partner and small group training
- Specialty fitness classes
- Kids’ Corner childcare visits
- Prairie Room rental
For more information, stop in at the facility or call 847-897-6180.