Following is information for operating procedures with current restrictions.
The Northbrook Park District continues to closely monitor guidelines and orders from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Illinois (State) to make determinations to provide recreation opportunities and facilities to the community with modifications. We highly encourage these practices for programs, facilities and park use. Click here for the District’s COVID-19 protocols.
All employees, members, and participants visiting TPAC for any reason are required to conduct a self-assessment and should not attend a program or visit a facility if the individual:
- Is ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
- Has been in close contact* with anyone who has been exposed to, tested positive for, been diagnosed with or is suspected to have COVID-19
- Has tested positive for COVID-19 and has not been cleared to return
Reporting exposure to COVID-19 to the TPAC customer service representatives is a critical step to maintaining a healthy environment. Members and participants should report if they have received a diagnosis, are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact* to someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
*NOTE: Close Contact is defined as being within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15-minutes or more over a 24-hour period, starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
Our top priority is providing a facility for members and staff that follows disinfection and sanitation best practices. In addition to the standard practices for businesses such as training employees, providing barriers at customer service desks, cleaning of frequently touched surfaces, and the availability of hand sanitizing stations, TPAC will also have the following procedures in place:
- A building design that meets the recommended CDC guidelines for increased ventilation and filtration.
- An Electrostatic Sprayer will be utilized daily to coat non-porous surfaces and hard-to-clean locations in member locker rooms, fitness floor, group exercise studios and throughout the facility.
- All employees will be trained with up-to-date protocols for cleaning and operations as defined by the CDC and State of Illinois.
Participation Plan for Fitness Floor, Stretching Area, Fitness Classes and Indoor Track
Procedures will include the following for members and employees while utilizing the fitness floor, stretching area, group fitness studios and indoor track. Changes will be communicated to members via email and updates to the website.
All Members and Guests
- Check in at the fitness service desk upon arrival to the facility.
- Unvaccinated members and guests MUST WEAR face coverings over the nose and mouth including while exercising. Exceptions can be made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering. Face coverings are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for vaccinated participants.
- Children 11 and younger MUST WEAR a face covering while visiting the facility and participating in activities.
- Follow the physical distancing signage, designed to guide members and guests safely through the space.
- Utilize gym wipes and cleaning supplies readily available throughout the facility, disinfecting equipment and areas before and after use.
- Refrain from sharing equipment unless sharing with someone from your household.
The 6,000 square foot fitness floor has ample space to allow for physical distancing from others during workouts. In addition to the procedures noted in the All Members and Guests section, the following will be in place for the Fitness Floor.
- Smaller fitness accessories such as mats, balls and bands will be available for checkout and should be returned to a Member Associate after use for sanitization.
- Cleaning supply stations will be available in convenient locations throughout the fitness floor for ongoing member use.