With COVID-19 restrictions allowing for additional activities as the state moves into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan, many facilities have re-opened and more in-person programs have been added to the District’s recreational offerings.
The District continues to closely monitor guidelines and orders from the CDC and the State of Illinois to make determinations to provide recreation opportunities and facilities to the community with modifications. Recommendations from the CDC and IDPH encourage people to:
- Wear a mask
- Watch your distance from others
- Wash your hands
We highly encourage these practices for programs, facilities and park use. Click here for the District’s COVID-19 protocols.
What the Northbrook Park District is Doing
As the Northbrook Park District prepares for opening the Techny Prairie Activity Center, ensuring the safety of members and staff is our top priority. Though guidelines may change and adaptations may be required, it is expected that Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan will be in effect when Techny Prairie Activity Center opens.
The District has the following guidelines in place:
- Barriers present on all customer service counters.
- Staff required to wear face coverings.
- Staff monitoring facility regularly to clean and sanitize areas and equipment.
- Cleaning supplies readily available throughout the facility. Members will be asked to disinfect items before and after use.
- Select cardio equipment may be marked as ‘Not In Use’ to allow for physical distancing and sanitization.
- Fitness accessories are available for check-out and should be returned to staff after use for sanitization.
- Reservation system utilized for Group Fitness, Indoor Track, and Cardio & Strength to ensure less than 50% occupancy at any given time.
- Group Fitness schedule will allow for cleaning between classes.
What Members are Doing
Members are asked to conduct a daily self-assessment and not attend a program or event or visit a facility if:
- The individual is ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- The individual or a household member has been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for, been diagnosed with or is suspected to have COVID-19.
- The individual has tested positive for COVID-19 and has not been cleared to return.
Additional guidelines for members include:
- Check-in at the Front Desk upon entering the building.
- Wear face coverings when not exercising (exceptions can be made for medical conditions or disabilities).
- Arrive at the facility dressed ready to work out to minimize locker room use.
- Store personal belongings in a locker when exercising. Items cannot be stored in fitness areas.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from others.
- Clean weights and equipment after use and return to the proper location.
- Refrain from sharing equipment unless you are in the same household.
- Utilize the appropriate registration program to plan your workout before heading to the facility.
Staff will continue to regularly review these procedures in conjunction with state and national guidelines. Changes will be communicated to members via email and updates to the website and social media. For the Northbrook Park District’s COVID-19 Procedures, click here.